emirates travel guidelines everything you need to follow while traveling during the covid19
- Author- Priynka Admin
- Publish Date-
Emirates are one of the first international countries that have resumed tourism. The tourists have to follow the COVID–19 travel guidelines to maintain their and other's safety and wellbeing.
The COVID–19 Pandemic has taken a toll on the safety and well being of the world. The travel and tourism industry has suffered a lot. But as we restore our faith into the well being of the world, some countries like the Emirates have opened doors for tourists.
This blog aims to inform its readers about the Emirates travel guidelines amidst the pandemic. These safety travel guidelines must be followed by all those who wish to travel across and outside their country for the wellbeing of themselves and others.
- Emirates resuming Tourism 2020
- Requirements tourists need to meet before visiting the Emirates
- Quarantine and testing requirements
- Airline Requirements
- Emirates Airlines
- Etihad Airways
- Indigo Airlines
- Frequently Asked Questions
Emirates resuming Tourism 2020
Due to the ongoing pandemic, there was a halt in the tourism industry. After waiting for several months, the Emirates finally opened its doors for tourism on 7th July 2020. The Emirates is a symbol of grandeur, which grants entry to millions of tourists yearly.
The first few months of the complete lockdown, wherein the national and international borders were sealed, there was worldwide havoc for avid travellers. But now that gradually countries are resuming their tourism again, there is an excitement to travel the world budding in the travellers.
Since there has been no vaccine yet discovered for the COVID–19, the travellers travelling across national and international borders are meant to follow the safety travel guidelines and protocols for the wellbeing of their and others health.
Travelling to the Emirates, one must make sure to follow all the protocols advised by the home country, airlines, and the Emirates to ensure a safe and pleasant journey for themselves and the people around them.
Requirements tourists need to meet before visiting the Emirates
For the safety of the passengers and the other citizens of the country, it is mandatory for any traveller travelling to or passing by any of the cities in the Emirates to meet the following requirements before and after entering the premises of any cities of the Emirates.
- Booking your flight Tickets, Hotels, and Visa
Before planning your visit to any country in the world, it is mandatory for the passengers to book their flight tickets, accommodation, and itinerary and issue an Emirates Visa.
Issuing a Tourist EVisa has become extremely easy. All you need to do is, click on the website Emirates Visa Online
- Choose your living and citizenship country
- Select the Emirates Visa Type
- Duly fill the application form
- Pay the desired Emirates Visa fee
- Track the Visa status and download the generated E- Visa in a pdf format.
- Get travel health insurance
Travel health insurance is a vital document for any travellers who are visiting any of the cities of the Emirates. Health insurance that covers COVID–19 just like any other sickness, is mandatory for your stay in any part of the Emirates.
- COVID–19 DXB application should be downloaded
Tourists entering the Emirates will be required to download the COVID–19 DXB application and register their details on it for the knowledge of the authorities. This app will allow direct access to the local health authorities in case the traveller develops some symptoms on their journey.
- Carry your negative PCR test
The tourists travelling to any of the parts of the Emirates are required to carry the negative PCR test which should be taken from up to 4 days /96 hours from the time of departure. In case you fail to bring this certificate along; you’ll have to undergo a PCR test upon arrival to any of the cities of the Emirates
- Health Declaration form
The tourists and travellers who have their connecting flights through any of the cities in the Emirates are required to fill in a Health Declaration Form and give it to the available staff at check-in.
- Thermal Screening on arrival to the Emirates
The tourists are required to undergo a thermal screening when they arrive at any part of the Emirates airport. They are also subject to additional tests if the authorities suspect them to be COVID–19 positives.
Quarantine and testing requirements
If the traveller abides by the above-mentioned requirements and brings their negative PCR test showing that they don’t have any symptoms then there is no mandatory testing or quarantine required for them. In case they test positive to the COVID–19 they will have to isolate themselves at an institutional facility provided by the Emirates authorities for 14 days at their own expense.
Read Also: Emirates Visa Extension
Every airline has a mandatory check they need to keep for their passengers for knowing the fellow passenger is COVID–19 positive. This highly contagious disease has taken over millions of lives. Just for the security and well being of everyone around, the airlines have a mandatory rule of doing the same.
- Emirates Airlines: The information provided by Emirates Airlines, the requirements required before, during, and after your travel are mandatory to abide by. You can find the information here https://www.emirates.com/in/english/help/covid-19/dubai-travel-requirements/tourists/
- Etihad Airways: Etihad Airways has its base in Abu Dhabi, though all the other requirements for travelling before, during, and after the journey is similar to the above-mentioned requirements. In addition to it, you’ll need to download the app AL Hosn, which is similar to the COVID–19 DXB app. It’ll help you locate the nearest local health authorities in case of any new arising symptom.
- Indigo Airlines: Just like any other Airline, Indigo is an India based Airline that does fly internationally. They too have mentioned the mandatory rules and regulations one must abide by before, during, and after every travel.