emirates visa extension
- Author- Priynka Admin
- Publish Date-
The Emirates has newly introduced its new Emirates Visa Extension policy which permits travellers to extend the journey of their trip, by extending their visa up to two times inside the Emirates, without having to exit the country. The Emirates visit/ Tourist visa can be extended for a maximum period of 60 days.
You can extend Emirates Visa for a minimal fee, depending on the type you choose. Passengers, who are applying for the extension of their Emirates Visa, must ensure that there is a fine of 100 AED for having your Visa extended on the last day. It is vital to check all the validations and expirations beforehand.
This blog will provide the readers with all the required information one requires to know about the new reforms the country has come up with. The readers will be able to make their choices better and have a pleasant trip.
- Difference between Tourist Visa and Visit Visa
- Important aspects of the Visa Extension
- The exempted category for the new visa extension policy
- Required documents for the Emirates Visa extension
- Visa Application through Emirates Visa Online portal
- Frequently Asked Questions
Difference between Tourist Visa and Visit Visa
The difference between the tourist visa and a Visit Visa has always been a concept of confusion in the minds of the travellers. A tourist Visa is a kind of visa that can be only used for only tourism and leisure purposes whereas a Visit Visa is a kind of visa that is issued for business meetings or for attending seminars, basically any work-related activities.
Your tourist visa can be extended for a maximum of 40 days period, whereas you can extend your visit visa for a total period of 90 days. The tourist visa cannot be converted into any other kind of Visa. Whereas your Visit Visa can be converted into an employment visa. Lastly, the sponsor of a tourist visa can be a friend, relative, or a local hotel or an agency in the Emirates, but for those who are sponsors of a Visit, Visa has to be a citizen of the country.
Important aspects of the Visa Extension
- If the applicant is looking forward to extending their stay in the country, make sure to apply for the same before the expiry of your current Emirates Visa.
- Any kind of a Tourist or a Visit Visa, be it a 30 day, 90 days, single entry or multiple entries, can easily be extended for another 30 days.
- Those who are unable to extend their Visa before its expiry, are given a period of 10 days as grace. But in case you are unable to yet extend your stay, you’ll be fined around 100 AED per day.
- After your first extension of 30 days, you can reapply for another 30 days extension.
- With the new extension policy, the passengers and applicants get the leverage of extending their visa twice. The new policy is completely hassle-free as the applicant doesn’t have to follow the previous norms like – exiting the country and cancelling a previous existing visa to obtain another visa.
The exempted category for the new visa extension policy
Some of the passengers to whom the new extension policy doesn’t apply are:
- GCC country Expats
- Passengers accompanying the GCC countries Expat
Required documents for the Emirates Visa extension
The documents that are required for the application of the Emirates Visa Extension are similar to those that were required during the initial process of the Visa application. These documents are as follows:
- Photo scans of the applicant’s passport’s first and last bio page.
- A scan of the applicant’s previous and existing tourist or visit Emirates Visa.
- A recent passport size photograph which is clicked against a white background and should be clear.
- A scan of the applicant’s return airline ticket
- Duly filled Emirates Tourist or Visit visa extension application form
Visa Application through Emirates Visa Online portal
Emirates Visa Online is a well-reputed and a genuine Visa portal where one can trust the services and Apply for an Emirates Visa.
All you have to do is,
- Visit Emirates Visa Online
- Go to the home page and click on the tab Apply Emirates Visa
- Check in the country you are currently based in
- Select the kind of visa you want to extend
- Duly fill the Emirates Visa Application form
- Pay the desired Emirates Visa Fee
- Lastly, receive notification of your application ID.
Note: this application ID is supposed to be kept safely as it will help you track the status of your Visa.