emirates stopover evisa all you need to know about stopover evisas
- Author- Priynka Admin
- Publish Date-
Stopover or Transit E-Visas are very essential for long-distance and duration flights. The aviation industry has many such complicated terms like layovers, transit or stopover E- Visas and many more which cannot be comprehended by us laymen. This blog will focus on the importance of Emirates Stopover E- Visa and will explain the application process through the Emirates Visa Online portal. We will guide you about all you need to be aware of the Stopover E-Visas.
- What is a stopover flight?
- All about Dubai Stopover E-Visas.
- Required documents for Stopover E-Visas in Dubai
- How to apply for a Stopover E-Visa through Emirates Visa Online portal
- Frequently Asked Questions
What is a stopover flight?
To understand the concept of a stopover flight, we first need to throw some light on the concept of a layover flight. A layover flight is when there is a stop in between the arriving destination. If a person is travelling from Mumbai to the United Kingdom, generally people halt in the destination stands in between the two countries, like Dubai. This layover can be as short as 30 minutes or as long as 24 hours.
Whereas a Stopover flight is comparatively a longer halt. They are famously known as Transit Visa. It is usually a break in the itinerary, wherein the purpose includes visiting the stopover country for a limited time and then continuing with the journey to the actually planned destination.
Stopover flights / E-Visas are booked with the intention to explore the country, for which it is always over 24 hours.
All about Emirates Stopover E-Visas
Emirates Stopover or Emirates Transit Visa, allows you to explore the extravagant city of Dubai. With a planned itinerary you can take a short halt from the tiresome journey and experience the best in a very limited time span.
The Stopover Visa has a very short validity and stays tenure. The validity of the Dubai Stopover Visa is just for 14 days. You can either have a Stopover Visa for 48 hours or 96 hours. The 48 hours visa grants you a stay for 2 days and the 96 hours Emirates Transit visa grants you a stay for 4 days.
Required documents for Stopover E – Visas in Dubai
For a Stopover Visa for 48 hours and 96 hours, you need to take note of certain things. You need to apply for the E-visa well in advance of your travel. Another important fact about Stopover E-Visas is that they are not renewable or extendable.
Some important documents you need to submit which are required on the application of the Stopover E Visa are:
- A scan of your passport with a minimum validity of three months
A Passport scan is an essential document while submitting your application for an E-Visa. If you fail to submit a scan of the bio of your passport, the visa application may fail and the authorities may not grant you an E-Visa.
- A photo of self against a white background with full visibility of your face and a clear scan.
For the sake of identification and clarity, a photo of the applicant must be taken against a white background with full visibilities of their face. While submitting your photograph for an E-Visa application make sure you send a clear, visible scan.
- An onward ticket booking to a 3rd destination, other than the one you are coming from.
Since your Stopover Visa or Transit Visa is of short duration, it is required for you to submit your further itinerary for the purpose of security. They may ask you to submit your bookings to the 3rd destination you plan to visit and may also ask you to submit your flight and booking details from the destination you are arriving from.
- Hotel/Relative Booking Details
For the purpose of the applicant’s pleasant and comfortable short stay in the city, while submitting your documents for a Stopover E-Visa, you will be asked to share the details of your stay. This includes off if you have any hotel bookings or if you are going to stay with a relative of yours.
How to apply for a Stopover E-Visa through Emirates Visa Online portal?
Emirates Visa Online is a one-stop site for all your travel-related services. When you apply for a visa through Emirates Visa Online, you can trust about getting a genuine visa, within a less amount of time. The entire process is hassle-free and can be completed in less than 10 minutes.
The process of applying for a Stopover E–Visa is extremely easy. All you have to do is:
- Visit the website https://www.emiratesvisaonline.com/
- When you arrive at the homepage, you will have to choose the Citizenship and Living country in the dialog boxes. Further, in the process, you will have to press ‘’Apply Emirates Visa
- Here you will have a variety of E-Visas. For a Stopover E-visa, you can select on Transit Visa.
- After selecting on the Transit Visa, you will be asked to choose over the type of Transit Visa. Here you will be shown the duration of the days of the Transit Visa, you can click on either 48 hours Emirates Transit Visa or 96 hours and click proceed to apply
- After this, you will come across the main application form after you complete filling the form you will have to click on submit an application.
- After the submission of the application, you will be required to pay for your Stopover /Transit E – Visa.
- As soon as your application and payment are received, you will receive a notification mentioning your application ID. This application ID is extremely important as it can be used for tracking the Emirates Visa Status.