emirates visa for us green card holders
- Author- Priynka Admin
- Publish Date-
The Emirates stands as a hub for tourists and job seekers. Since there is a huge requirement for an Emirates Visa, there are millions of applicants who apply for the same. Emirates Visa for U.S. Green Card Holders has been a topic of discussion for a while. People who are not American Citizens but yet hold an Identification card which is issued by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services and are allowed to permanently reside in the country.
The Visa Policies and the Immigration Authorities are very strict when it comes to granting Visa for those who wish to enter the country for their desired purpose. Considering the various Types of Emirates Visa provided by the Emirates, all of these Visas are categorized country-wise and the Required Documents for Emirates Visa are tweaked accordingly.
This blog will help the readers to understand the process of obtaining an Emirates Visa for those who are U.S. Green Card Holders. It will shed light on what documents are required regarding the same. The blog will also consist of information about the procedure of Emirates Visa on Arrival (VOA) for Indian Citizens.
- Emirates Visa Types
- Emirates Visa for U.S. Green Card Holders
- How can an Indian Citizen avail a Visa on Arrival Facility?
- Visa On Arrival Procedure
- Documents Required for the VOA
- Frequently Asked Questions
Emirates Visa Types
The Emirates visa types are categorized into seven kinds which specify the duration and validity of each of the types. The applicant can issue the visa for either a single entry or for multiple entries. Since the regular Emirates Visa service process is done online, the applicant no longer has to submit the documents physically. After the completion of the application, it takes around 3 to 5 working days for the Visa to process.
The types of Visas provided by the Emirates ranges from – tourists, Visit, Employment, Residence, freelancer, and many more. Some of these can be issued online, but the long duration Visas must be issued through the embassy.
The other kind of Visa is, Visa on Arrival which is a facility provided to many countries across the world, wherein they do not need to apply for a pre-arranged visa rather, they can issue their Visa after they arrive at the Emirates Airport.
Read Also: Emirates Visa Application Form
Emirates Visa for U.S. Green Card Holders
The travellers who have a U.S. Green Card or a U.S. Visa, are eligible for the facility of Visa on arrival in the Emirates including Dubai and Abu Dhabi. For the travellers to be eligible for the Visa on Arrival facility, their passport and Visa should have a validity of 6 months from the date of its arrival.
The passengers who are passing through any of the Emirates Airport, and are wanting to explore the city a bit can apply for a visit visa on arrival for a maximum stay of 14 days which can be further extended for another 14 days. Such visit visas can be beneficial to those who are travelling to another country and may have some relatives, friends, or colleagues in the Emirates. Or, for those who just want to explore this famous tourist destination.
How can an Indian Citizen avail a Visa on Arrival Facility?
The obsession of travelling to the Emirates is very well observed within the Indian Citizens. But it is no longer concealed about how the Indian Travelers are not granted the visa on arrival. Though both the powerful nations are working on their diplomatic relations, there are yet some areas to be worked on.
On May 1, 2017, the Emirates cabinet approved the proposal of granting Visa on Arrival for the Indian Passport holders. The only condition they have is – the passport holders should either obtain a valid US visa or a US green card, which will make them eligible to access the facility of Visa on Arrival, to enter the Emirates.
The decision taken by the immigration authorities regarding The Emirates Visa on arrival for the Indian passport holders was just a diplomatic partnership between the two leading nations. It is noticeable that both of the countries are religiously working to build and promote their political, and economic relationship between each other.
For an Indian Passport holder to obtain a Visa on Arrival facility in the Emirates, it is necessary for them to have a U.S. visa stamped on their Passport or else, they can be a Green Card Holder. This is the only way, an Indian citizen can get an Emirates Visa, very quickly and hassle-free.
Read Also: Emirates Visa Requirements
Documents Required for the VOA
For those who want to issue a Visa on Arrival are supposed to submit the following documents:
- The applicants will require a visit visa issued by the USA immigration authority
- If the applicants do not have a visit visa of the USA, then they are required to obtain a green card issued by the USA immigration authority
- If the applicants fail to have both the above-mentioned documents, they are required to submit their residence visa issued by either the UK or the EU
- The applicants will be eligible to obtain a Visa on arrival, maximum for 14 days.
- The applicants are required to have at least 6 months of validity from the date their visa is issued.
Read Also: Emirates Visa Online Services
Visa on Arrival Procedure
The Visa on Arrival Procedure is absolutely simple. Follow the below steps and you’ll be good to go:
- The traveller is required to present his/her passport to the officer present which has either a US Visa stamped/ US Green Card/ EU/UK residence Visa documents present.
- The applicant is required to pay a certain amount which includes the Visa charges and its Processing Fees.
- After the Emirates Visa is granted, the applicant is required to go to the immigration chambers.
- At the immigration chambers, the applicant will be asked various questions like the purpose of their stay, the duration of the stay, etc. these questions are asked just for security purposes.
Read Also: Emirates Urgent Visa