What you should do if you have lost your emirates id
- Author- Ridhi
- Publish Date-
The process to make a new Emirates ID
- To get a new Emirates ID in case it is lost or is damaged or it is stolen you will need to register a complaint in the police station. It is preferred that if the police station is in your jurisdiction. There you will need to pay fees of Dh70 then you will get an acknowledgment of your report.
- After this, you will need to reach out to one of the typing offices where you can apply for a new card or you can also fill in the application online by visiting it on the official website of authorities.
- If you are taking the online route then you will need to submit the application form along with all the required documents. The full list of documents required is provided below –
READ ALSO: EMIRATES VISA FROM EGYPT
For Citizens of UAE who are above the age of 15 years –
- The original passport along with the family book (original along with photocopies).
- Proof of identity number that is provided to the applicant by any of the authorities in the case of a lost card.
- A photocopy of the lost card (you must keep photocopies in a safe place.)
- For UAE Citizens who are below the age of 15 years –
- A scanned copy of the applicant’s passport size photo (size 4.5 X 3.5 cm) on a white background.
- Original birth certificate of the applicant.
READ ALSO: EMIRATES VISA FROM AUSTRALIA
For UAE residents who are above the age of 15 years –
- Original and valid passport of the applicant.
- A residency form or a valid visa.
- A scanned copy of the lost Emirates ID.
Residents added to parent’s passport
- Original passport.
- Original birth certificate or father’s passport.
Submitting the documents
- Dh300 – This is the amount you need to pay if you lost or damaged your ID and you are a resident of UAE. An additional charge of Dh150 for express service is also taken. By using Express service you can get your ID within 24 hours.
- Dh70 – This is the additional fee collected if you are submitting the form online and printing it.
- Dh40 – If your application is submitted online through the website.